Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Manipulated Eye Photos

Today as I was browsing DeviantArt I came across an image of an eye, manipulated to make the iris appear as a clock.  Here is the photo I am referring to:


As you can see, my description was not adequate for the level of detail in the iris here.  I really like the multiple layers of time-telling instrumentation, and the color green being the dominant color here (I am partial to green eyes).  Seeing this image made me remember how much I like imagery of the human eye.  I particularly enjoy manipulated images, but I also like regular images that show interesting features, like the sectoral heterochromia in the eye below.



Following are a few more eye images that I liked (of course there are many more, these are just a sampling of recent works I came across).  








Finally, I found one artist who makes pendants in the form of stylized eyes, both humanesque and otherwise.  Here is one example of her work:

Wire Wrap - Eye Blue Violet Pendant Super Shift 1
by LadyPirotessa, see this and her many other interesting works here.

I personally find manipulating images on the computer to be much harder than using my hands with paint, pens, or pencils.  The lack of precise control when using a mouse or laptop touchpad really gets to me.  Maybe one of those tablet computers with a stylus would work better?  Maybe not...I guess it would depend on the sensitivity of the devices in question?  Anyway, I think my personal difficulty also contributes to my enjoyment of other's work with photo manipulation.

Note:  I included the work title and the artist's DeviantArt ID below each image, mostly in the form of  links to the image on the artist's DevaintArt page.  Some of the artists may have their real names available on their DeviantArt profiles, but I did not include them here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are thoughtful and polite are welcomed. Constructive criticism is also welcome. Rude and/or abusive comments will be deleted.